Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Catching up...

Well, it has been awhile since I last posted but I have been busy and for some reason not really felt like writing. I am not really sure what that was about but here I am, catching up on the last few weeks.

I spoke with my Dr. about antidepressants - and she very kindly reminded me that it had not even yet been a month since my most recent loss (at the time). For some bizarre reason I had forgotten how recent it was and I decided to give myself a break. The hardest part about it was that it brought up so many memories of losing Jackson - but I am dealing with that all still and I also have to give myself a break regarding that.

My work is having a memorial day at the hospital for all the losses in the last year, and even before that as well. I really hope that this turns into an annual memorial day, I think it would be really nice for all of us mothers out there to have a day where we can gather and lean on each other for support. The problem is that my Mother-in-law's (who I love dearly) retirement party is on the same day. I am not sure of the time of the retirement party yet, but I am hoping I can figure something out.

Work has been really busy lately - which is both good and bad. I had a patient just last week come in in labour. She was only 33 weeks and her first son, named Jack died a week after he was born. Since then they have had a successful pregnancy where they had a little girl. We took the time to talk about her Jack and my Jackson and of course cried. They didn't know what they were having, and once she delivered they saw they had another beautiful little boy. That was an emotional day. I was so happy for them - and it gave me hope that one day I will too have a baby in my arms that is mine.

I am back to work tomorrow - working over Easter. I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend surrounded by family and friends.

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you, Linda. Glad that you have decided to give yourself a break... not easy to do, I know. We are the hardest on ourselves. Sounds like another nice/emotional/hopeful birth experience. I am so glad that that family had you coaching them through... you are a blessing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing the hospital is doing for BL families. I hope you are able to make it to both places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are able to make it to the memorial. I hope it helps you in the healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is the memorial Linda?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I left a little gift for you on my blog. www.missingjuanito.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete