Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Times Change - and so do people I guess

I am sitting here reflecting back on the past 2 years of my life....so much has happened. I feel like I am at a good place - I am happier than I was a few months ago, this is something I have been working hard on...

I still think about and miss Jackson everyday - but I am in a better place now, I hate that he is gone but have accepted what happened. That doesn't mean that I still won't be angry about it some days, but overall I am coping better.

As much as I am at peace with my decision to close the door on my friendship with my friend that named her baby Jack - I am feeling like this decision may have also cost me other friendships. I am not really sure why or how I would be the "bad" guy in this situation - and I momentarily felt bad for her - but then I remembered that she got to take her baby home and all this wouldn't have ever happened if she would have chosen a different name. The one thing that would crush me - she did....so I am not sure what I did wrong. I did what I had to do to deal with it and move forward.

I guess if I do lose other friends over this then I am better off without them, I would rather be surrounded by fewer true friends then a bunch of acquaintances. Time changes people - they grow, they have their own life experiences that change them and I respect that - just look at my life.

One day at a time - I think that is my new life motto!

4 comments:

  1. So proud of you, girl. It's all so tough... as if what we live every day isn't hard enough.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so unfortunate. I wish that we didn't have to lose more than we already have lost. But, we must do what is best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time, how true, its all we can do....hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand this totally and everything does change around you esp the friendships and the feelings about people and life. It is currently happening to me also

    ReplyDelete