Friday, September 3, 2010

Stress @ 14w5d

I write this post a bit stressed out but slightly reassured at the same time. Where do I start?

I had my first cervical length u/s this week and even though it was supposed to reassure me, it is just stressing me out. My cervix was 3.1 cm long and closed, which is great but at the same time I wanted it to be longer. Anything below 2.5 than consider short, and mine is close. I know it is not the same, and mine is still normal. These tests that are supposed to be making me feel better are just stressing me out b/c all I do is over analyze them. And after talking with my OB she even said that 2 cm was okay, and even then it would be a debate to put in a cerclage b/c I don't have a history of preterm labour.

Then there was this morning. I woke up to this weird feeling and a very full bladder. I felt my tummy and my uterus was hard, I could feel the whole thing and it scared the hell out of me. No pain, no bleeding, no cramping. It only lasted 30-45 seconds but still....so in tears I called my OB's office and talked with her for 15 mins. She reassured me that maybe it was a full bladder spasm, after all the uterus is a muscle and it needs to strecht out to fit and acomadate baby. She told me if I wanted to go in for a listen to the heartbeat or an u/s to go in.

I think if it happens again today I will go in, but for the rest of the day I will spend on the couch. I was to work nights tonight and tomorrow but I think staying at home is a much better option for both physical and emotional reasons. One day at a time...and hopefully tomorrow will be a good day...

2 comments:

  1. if given the cerclage as an option, take it. I started at 3.75 at 14.5 weeks when they put in the cerclage and even with it I am now closer to 1 cm at almost 28 weeks with the cerclage in. I lost my son at 18 weeks last summer and we were never 100% sure why, but its now appearing to be cervical. You gotta do whats right for you. *hugs* Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. It is hard to express to these doctors our concerns. They tell us everything is ok but know what can happen. It is very stressful.

    ReplyDelete